Ben Mauro | Singer/Songwriter
Ben Mauro is a singer/guitarist/songwriter that grew up in Syracuse, New York. He first began playing guitar and singing at age 16 blasting Led Zeppelin songs in his parents basement and he says that by age 17, he was totally obsessed with making music.
After high school, Ben briefly studied classical guitar at a local college then moved to New York City where he says his real musical education began. Upon hitting New York City, he got hired to perform in the house band at the legendary Cafe Wha? in Greenwhich Village which is the club where Jimi Hendrix was discovered. At Cafe Wha?, Ben would perfect his chops playing by performing multiple styles of music until 4am, five nights a week. Ben eventually moved on and began playing in various groups performing anywhere from the hard rock clubs of New Jersey to the r&b clubs of Manhattan and Brooklyn. Soon the word spread quickly and Ben got the offer to join funk and pop icon Lionel Richie’s band which brought him to Los Angeles.
Ben then began playing concerts all over the world with Lionel to thousands of screaming fans. In between Lionel gigs, Ben also played on the first American Idol tour featuring Kelly Clarkson as well as many of her television debut shows. He then went on the play guitar for Britney Spears for the Black Onyx Tour and appeared in multiple television performances with Britney.
Most recently, Ben was hired to play in former Eagles guitarist Don Felder’s band where he got to play classic Eagles songs with the man who wrote them.
Ben’s original band, of which he is the lead singer and guitarist for, is called 13CURVES. He also co- produced their debut CD “Underground”. The band has received great reviews of their dynamic live show. Two songs were used for the Bogner Entertainment movie “Soccer Mom” and in the ABC Family show “Make It Or Break It”. Broadcaster Arthel Neville commented: “13CURVES – feel good rock that looks good too! Underground is the kind of CD that you put on repeat and never get tired of listening to.”
Ben has served as a Musical Director for Britney Christian, Kandace Lyndsey and B.C. Jean. Due to his extraordinary musical skills and dynamic stage presence, he has remained one of the core members of Lionel Richie’s band for over 10 years. Ben has played to thousands of screaming Lionel fans all over the world and recorded two live DVD’s and one live CD with Lionel.
Ben is producer Chuckii Booker’s main guitarist in the studio and, lately, has been working with Chuckii, who is also Lionel Richie’s Musical director, making re-creates of many of Lionel’s biggest songs.
Ben has multiple TV performances on shows such as Saturday Night Live, The Late Show with David Letterman, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Ellen Degeneres Show, The View, Good Morning America and many others.
He has just started to focus on a solo career and is currently playing local shows in Hollywood and recording his debut CD.
- Lionel Richie – 2009 JUST GO TOUR Europe
- Lionel Richie – 2007 COMING HOME TOUR Europe
- Lionel Richie – 2007 FESTIVAL SUMMER TOUR Europe
- Lionel Richie – 2007 AUSTRALIAN TOUR
- Lionel Richie – Lead Guitar/Background Vocals 2004 World Tour Europe
- Britney Spears – Lead Guitar 2004 Onyx Hotel Tour Europe/USA
- Anastacia – Lead Guitar Background Vocals 2002 Japanease Tour
- American Idol / Kelly Clarkson 2002 TOP TEN TOUR USA
- Lionel Richie – 2001 Renaissance World Tour
- Lionel Richie – 2000 European Tour
- Lionel Richie – 2000 European Television Tour
- Lionel Richie – 2000 Tina Turner 24/7 World Tour
- Eric Stuart – Musical Director 1999 Peter Frampton US Tour
- Lionel Richie – ENCORE (Island)
- Lionel Richie – DVD LIVE IN PARIS
- Lionel Richie – DVD SYMPHONICA IN ROSSO
- Anastacia – FREAK OF NATURE (Sony)
- Alejandra Guzman – LAGUZMAN (BMG)
- Eric Stuart – BLUE, DRESSED IN BLACK ( Widows Peak)
Gibson / D’Addario / Dunlop / Mesa Boogie / Levy’s Leathers / Coffin Case / Bullet Cables / Line 6 / Taylor